Fancy a beautiful day in the country experiencing the wonders of the good life and learning how to put your own dreams in to practice? Well, join Kath Irvine as she guides you on an enchanting day of education and inspiration for grown ups! And I’ll be there showing you the eight steps to Seed Saving glory.
A day in the country
The Edible Backyard Autumn Festival is on both Saturday 20 April and Sunday 21 April 2013, from 10am-3pm. Beautifully situated in the lush green countryside of Ohau, Levin. Tickets are $25 for the day. There’s great food (salads, soup, bread and pancakes, coffee – or feel free to bring your own) and music (the happy sounds of Kirsten and Andrew London on Saturday, and the Black Eyed Susie duo on Sunday). Plus just the most wonderful atmosphere. Truly, Kath’s festivals are amazing!
Mini workshops and displays run throughout the day
- Open fire cooking with Steve Porteus Human Bushcraft and Wild Living;
- Greencropping with Kath Irvine Edible Backyard;
- Heritage apple tasting with Mark Christensen Central Tree Crops Research Trust;
- Greenwood working with Warren Endangered Crafts;
- Herbs for Health with Ali Sutherland;
- Managing pest and disease on Fruit Trees with Sarah Frater Edible Garden;
- Preparing the winter food garden with Kath Irvine Edible Backyard;
- Wild foraged foods with Steve Porteus Human Bushcraft and Wild Living;
- Nutrient dense food from The Farmhouse Kitchen;
- Using a solar drier with Steve Howell;
- Weaving simple baskets with Flax by Rodney Moffat;
- Seed Saving with Anna Butterfield LovePlantLife Seeds;
- Sustainable Health – what is it? with integrative health physician Dr Kevin Baker Staying Alive;
- Homemade Pasta and Ricotta with Alexis Murti, the Curious Cook;
- Answering your Chook questions will be Sue Clarke from Lifestyle NZ.
And don’t miss the opportunity to flaunt your talents with the Savoury Preserve Competition. Bring your best jar of pickle, relish, sauce or chutney and be in to win!
Macrocarpa products, heritage seeds, Roksolid, Natures Nest herbal remedies, 2nd hand cloches, fruit trees and berries, forged iron, greenwood and flax creations all for sale on the day.
Booking is essential!
There are no gate sales. Email email@example.com to book your place today.